世界の桜：The Most Beautiful Cherry Blossoms Around the World
These beautiful and precious pictures were transferred from one of Yoshy’s friends in abroad. There’re 14 pix from #1 to #14 on each picture. Let me introduce some of them in this BLOG.
全ての写真は：All the pix can be seen by clicking：HERE:ここをクリックなさってください。
<以下は原作者の言葉から…和訳：今回は注釈のみ：はYoshy。The following message were written by author; translation：just only annotating is done by Yoshy this time.>
One of the best known symbols of spring in Japan is the magnificent pink Japanese cherry trees, also called Sakura.
Starting in mid-March, the Internet is flooded with amazing pictures of all varieties of pink, blooming in parks and streets of different cities of Japan.
・is flooded with amazing pictures：すばらしい写真で一杯になります。
The earliest city to blossom is Tokyo – this year its sakura trees are expected to be in full bloom by the end of March.
・are expected to~：~になるようにと願う
Depending on a city, Japanese cherry trees may bloom even through May.
As the official Japanese school year starts in April, the first day back at school or work after the holidays usually coincides with the blooming of the sakuras.
You will always see many locals picnicking under the cherries every season – the tradition is called hanami, and dates back to the 8th century!
Because the cherries blossom in bunches of flowers, they are symbolically associated with clouds, and stand for ephemeral nature of life in Japanese culture, that’s highly influenced by Buddhism.
・ephemeral：はかない、・influenced by Buddhism：仏教に影響されて
Curiously, the delicate cherry trees were once even used as part of the propaganda, in order to inspire the “Japanese spirit” before the wake of the World War II.
The blooming of the sakuras is definitely one of the most beautiful sights every spring, wherever you find them!
1. Cherry blossoms in bloom in Bonn, Germany.
2. Cherry blossoms in Kyoto in Spring
3. Cherry blossoms in Japan
4. 5. Cherry blossoms Kyoto in Japan (2 pix)
6. Cherry blossoms in Kungsträdgården in Stockholm
7. 8. Cherry blossoms along the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC. (2 Pix)
9. Cherry blossoms along a stream in Japan
10. Cherry blossom path tribute - Spencer Smith Park, Burlington Ontario
11. Cherry blossoms in Japan. A sakura river.
12. Cherry blossoms with Mt. Fuji in the background
13. Cherry blossoms in Portland, Oregon
14. Japanese White-eye bird and cherry blossoms